Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 57

Todays art was created as a gift for my veterinarian. I had my best friend Luka euthanized on Thursday and the vet did an amazing job with us. She showed us such compassion and respect that I just had to thank her in a way that I know best. So I found this image, no it is not mine, and was struck by how it made me feel. Sometimes we just want to hold on to our pets and never let them go. The most courageous part of my day today was when I actually gave it to the people at the vet office. I gave it to the receptionist and bolted before any  more tears could fall. That is so me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear Jody, I know how you're feeling. Luka was such a sweet spirit. We had to put Rusty down this past summer and the dog in the picture so looks like him. Thank you for posting such a special picture. Mike and I have "watered our faces" many times. Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete