Thursday, February 16, 2012

February 16 2012

Hmmmmm, today I am kind of a mess. Life creeping into my art time. So instead of working on the people I started yesterday (and potentially ruining it) I went for something else. This sketch is from one of my all time favorite paintings La Vie by Pablo Picasso. I am not so much a Picasso fan, but for the past 12 years this paining has resonated with me (this is only an small portion of the painting, google it for full image). It is in the Cleveland Museum of Art and every time I visit the painting in Cleveland I say hello, like its a long lost friend. I think im due for a visit. I love the composition of these two figures, their skeletal forms hanging from one another, she seems to have given up, while he painfully watches. Part of me wants to know exactly the artists intent, and the better part of me... wants to keep the image, untainted, to myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment